The study of international economics, amongst other things, enables exporter to examine the economic uncontrollable in target markets. South Africa is included in the grouping known as BRICS–Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
Compare and contrast the economies of Brazil, India and South Africa along the following lines:
1. Gross domestic product and its structure.
2. Certain basic demographics, such as population size, educational level, urban/rural split, per capita income and income equality (Gini index).
3. General economic situation; natural resources and major industries.
4. International trade patterns, exports and imports.
5. Brazil and India’s trade with South Africa.
You would need to perform research for this assignment, but the information is easily obtained on various websites.
Be careful to present information in your own words, unless you place it in inverted commas to denote a verbatim quote from your source. Fully reference all your sources.
Note : compare and contrast the three countries, not merely give information about them; you are hence required to point out in which ways they are alike and in which ways they are different, backing up your statements with statistical information.
Hence you may like to structure your assignment under headings such as:
1. Similarities between the countries
2. Differences between the countries
3. Trade with South Africa