The financial records of Dunbar Inc. were destroyed by fire at the end of 2012. Fortunately, the controller had kept certain statistical data related to the income statement as presented below.
1. The beginning merchandise inventory was $91,400 and decreased 20% during the current year.
2. Sales discounts amount to $21,800.
3. 30,500 shares of common stock were outstanding for the entire year.
4. Interest expense was $25,700.
5. The income tax rate is 30%.
6. Cost of goods sold amounts to $511,000.
7. Administrative expenses are 18% of cost of goods sold but only 8% of gross sales.
8. Four-fifths of the operating expenses relate to sales activities.
From the foregoing, information, prepare an income statement for the year 2012 in single-step form.