Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Business Economics Expert

Calculation of resulting income from full insurance.

Let's say you live in Montana and you like to ride mechanical bulls in bars on Friday nights. You estimate over next year there's a 4% probability you will incur medical bills of $20,000, which is equal to your salary as a philosophy professor. Let's assume there's a 96% chance that you won't be injured from flying off the bull over the course of a year. Suppose that your utility depends only on your consumption/income in either possible outcome.

(a) If you buy full insurance (b = D) at an actuarially fair premium (AFP), what would be your resulting income if you're injured?

(b) If you are not injured?

(c) If you buy partial insurance, can your resulting income ever be more when you're injured than when you're not injured?

Business Economics, Economics

  • Category:- Business Economics
  • Reference No.:- M918241

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Business Economics

Question 1 for the following situations calculate

Question 1 . For the following situations, calculate elasticity of demand and comment on the answer.                             When the price of commodity X was Rs. 12/-, 40 units it were demanded. When the price decre ...

Assessment task in this assessment students are required to

ASSESSMENT TASK: In this assessment, students are required to demonstrate their ability to apply economic principles learnt in this subject to analysing real-world business operations and evaluate how their long-run busi ...

Assignment -consider the following cobb douglas production

Assignment - Consider the following Cobb Douglas production function where Y is maize output, X 1 is labour input, and X 2 is the capital. Data for estimating this equation is given in the Table below. Y = β 0 X 1i β_1 X ...

Allocation and allotments please respond to the following1

"Allocation and Allotments" Please respond to the following: 1. From the first e-Activity, examine and evaluate the disparity of Georgia budget allocation for education and property tax to the various localities. Based o ...

Assessment task descriptiontopicstudents will be required

ASSESSMENT TASK: DESCRIPTION Topic Students will be required to choose a specific enterprise (it should ideally be one with which they are somewhat familiar) and develop a sustainability indicators monitoring system for ...

Assignmentarticle reportplease select a marketing topic you

Assignment Article Report Please select a marketing topic you learned and then search in the Wall Street Journal (either online or hardcopy *) and select an article about that topic within the last 12 months. To do this, ...

Assignmentpart idirections please write a paper that is at

Assignment PART I Directions: Please write a paper that is at least two to three pages in length in which you address the questions below. Write your paper in APA format with at least one cited scholarly reference. Revie ...

1what is the production possibilities curve and how is it

1. What is the production possibilities curve and how is it useful? 2. What 4 factors contribute to determining any point in this model? 3. How would we apply this framework to the real world? 4. You are planning to expa ...

Assignmentyou must submit 2 files to this link once done as

Assignment You must submit 2 files to this link once done as follows: Part 1) An MS Excel spreadsheet (.xls or .xlsx no other file formats will be accepted) use the dataset spreadsheet provided for the assignment and inc ...

1 there is a small country whose domestic demand and supply

1) There is a small country whose domestic demand and supply for a good x are given below (where P is the price of X) [drawing a demand and supply graph may be helpful to you, but is not required.] D: P=100-Q S: P=10+2Q ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

Section onea in an atwood machine suppose two objects of

SECTION ONE (a) In an Atwood Machine, suppose two objects of unequal mass are hung vertically over a frictionless

Part 1you work in hr for a company that operates a factory

Part 1: You work in HR for a company that operates a factory manufacturing fiberglass. There are several hundred empl

Details on advanced accounting paperthis paper is intended

DETAILS ON ADVANCED ACCOUNTING PAPER This paper is intended for students to apply the theoretical knowledge around ac

Create a provider database and related reports and queries

Create a provider database and related reports and queries to capture contact information for potential PC component pro

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic, social, and demographic trends affecting the US labor environmen