1) Ninja Co. issued 13-year bonds a year ago at the coupon rate of 7.9 percent. The bonds make half yearly payments. If the YTM on these bonds is 6.2 percent, what is current bond price?
2) Bond P is the premium bond with 12 percent coupon. Bond D is a 7 percent coupon bond currently selling at the discount. Both bonds make yearly payments, have a YTM of 9 percent, and have seven years to maturity.
What is current yield for bond P and bond D?
When the interest rates remain unchanged, what is the anticipated capital gains yield over the next year for bond P and bond D?
3) Page Enterprises has bonds on the market making annual payments, with ten years to maturity, and selling for $968. At this price, the bonds yield 6.90 percent.
What should the coupon rate be on the bonds?
4) A Japanese company has a bond outstanding that sells for 89 percent of its ¥100,000 par value. The bond has a coupon rate of 5.60 percent paid yearly and matures in 18 years.
What is yield to maturity of this bond?
5) Ponzi Corporation has bonds on market with 16.5 years to maturity, an YTM of 6.30 percent, and a current price of $1,036. The bonds make half yearly payments.
What should the coupon rate be on these bonds?