Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Business Economics Expert

Expected interest rate charged by a bank which cant distinguish between two types of borrowers.

Suppose a bank is faced withtwo of borrowers - a high risk borrower that should be charged an intrest rate of 9% and a low risk borrower that should be charged an interst rate of 4%. There is a 30% chance of getting a hogh risk borrower and a 70% chance of getting a low risk one. What is the expected interst rate that will charged by a bank that cannot exactly distinguish among the two types but knows the probablities of each type. In this market for loans what would be the result.

Business Economics, Economics

  • Category:- Business Economics
  • Reference No.:- M922619

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Business Economics

Advanced analysis assume the following values for the

ADVANCED ANALYSIS Assume the following values for the figures below: Q1 = 20 bags. Q2 = 15 bags. Q3 = 27 bags. The market equilibrium price is $45 per bag. In Figure (a), the price at point a is $85 per bag. The price at ...

The chinese government managed the value of the chinese

The Chinese government managed the value of the chinese yuan relative to the US.between 1995 -2005 the yuan was pegged to the dollar at a rate of 8.28 yuan per US. China's central bank is responsible for using monetary p ...

Would having monitor supply twice as large as it usually is

Would having monitor supply twice as large as it usually is make trade twice as easy? Would having monetary supply half as much make trade half as easy? Explain

Suppose the demand curve for cantaloupes p 120 ndash

Suppose the demand curve for cantaloupes P = 120 – 3Q Where P is the price per pound (in cents) of a cantaloupe and Q is the quantity demanded per year (in millions of pounds). Suppose the supply curve for cantaloupes is ...

Wal-mart charges 20 for the new ghostbusters dvd and sells

Wal-Mart charges $20 for the new Ghostbusters DVD and sells 400 copies per month. Then they reduce their price to $18, and sell 500 per month. Assuming a linear demand curve, find the optimal price to charge if the goal ...

Test practice questions1 you are an investment analyst the

Test practice questions 1) You are an investment analyst. The retail market that you have been investing in, tobacco, has been hit by an increase in sales taxes that are levied on tobacco sellers. Assume that the price e ...

Suppose you are an investor with a choice between three

Suppose you are an investor with a choice between three securities that are identical in every way except in terms of their rates of return and risk. Investment A: Total return = 10 percent with probability 50 percent To ...

Wolmart is considering a new cash register system for its

Wolmart is considering a new cash register system for its Georgia stores. The estimated cost of the new registers (today) is $750,000 and they expect to set aside an additional $25,000 net working capital (today) which w ...

Competition amp market structure1read the disney case and

Competition & Market Structure: 1. Read the Disney Case and do the following: Draw the demand curve (downward sloping) for Disneyland illustrating the change in demand from 1980 to 1984. Show the distinction between chan ...

Explain how does the feds open markey sales of 1 billion us

Explain how does the Fed's open markey sales of $1 billion U.S. Treasury bond affect the market federal funds rate for each case. a) when the federal funds rate equals to discount rate before the operation. b) when the f ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

A cola-dispensing machine is set to dispense 9 ounces of

A cola-dispensing machine is set to dispense 9 ounces of cola per cup, with a standard deviation of 1.0 ounce. The manuf

What is marketingbullwhat is marketing think back to your

What is Marketing? • "What is marketing"? Think back to your impressions before you started this class versus how you

Question -your client david smith runs a small it

QUESTION - Your client, David Smith runs a small IT consulting business specialising in computer software and techno

Inspection of a random sample of 22 aircraft showed that 15

Inspection of a random sample of 22 aircraft showed that 15 needed repairs to fix a wiring problem that might compromise

Effective hrmquestionhow can an effective hrm system help

Effective HRM Question How can an effective HRM system help facilitate the achievement of an organization's strate