problem 1: Economic events occur around us every day. This assignment aims to provide association between what you learn from economic models and concepts in class with real-life events happening around you.
problem 2: Search through newspapers or magazine for ONE article that is relevant to the economic concepts discussed in class. The copy of chosen article has to be attached to your final report.
problem 3: The articles should preferably be published in the last five years.
problem 4: Summarize each article first. Analyze the article and identify linkage between the economic concepts you have learnt in class with the discussion in the article. You may use other news articles to support your discussion as well.
problem 5: Where applicable, draw diagrams to support your discussion.
problem 6: More marks will be awarded for reports, which provide more comprehensive, balanced and in-depth analysis with adequate referencing to the economic concepts and models.
problem 7: The newspaper article will serve as the main focus of your analyzed report. However, your discussion is not restricted to just the content of the article chosen. You are free to discuss on other relevant information (from other sources) which relate to the main economic events you have chosen.
This assignment is aimed at a number of competency elements. Specifically:
• Researching in terms of searching for and evaluating newspaper or magazine articles that are suitable for this assignment.
• Analysis of the information presented in the article and how the event could be describeed using economic models.
• Assessing the suitability of the economic model to analyze the event and what are the limitations of the model.
• Presentation in putting forward the information and analysis you have in a form, which is clear, accurate and easy to understand.
Additional assignments guidelines:
• Referencing - The Harvard System
• The report should have a content page, and its main discussion shall be about 2,000 words.
• Assignments should be type-written using Times New Roman font style, 12-font size and 1.5 line spacing. Please include page number.
• References are a key aspect of an essay. Any idea, theme, or argument that you found in the literature and used in your essay must be cited within the essay.
• Include a Reference List at the end of your assignment.
Feel Free to use any article to prepare upon published by the New York Times, link given below: