Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Accounting Basics Expert

Ben and John formed BCD Inc., a corporation, in 2011. Ben received 80% of the voting common stock, the only class of stock and John received the remaining 20% of the stock. In 2012, Ben transferred additional property to BCD Inc. The property had an adjusted basis to Ben of $40,000 and a fair market value of $50,000 on the date of the transfer. On the same day, and in exchange for the property he transferred to BCD Inc., Ben received cash of $15,000 and additional stock worth $35,000. How much gain was recognized by Ben as a result of this transaction?

Accounting Basics, Accounting

  • Category:- Accounting Basics
  • Reference No.:- M947129

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Accounting Basics

What are the effects on equitiesfinancial statement effect

What are the effects on equities? Financial Statement Effect of Equity Securities Presented below is a situation involving equity securities: An equity security, whose fair value is currently less than cost, is classifie ...

Discussion 1 and 2discussion 1select one of the following

Discussion 1 and 2 Discussion 1 Select one of the following tools: the nine steps in Ackerman and Anderson's roadmap for change, Cummings and Worley's five dimensions of leading and managing change, or the three componen ...

Fasb ongoing projectproject objectivedescribe the history

FASB Ongoing Project Project Objective Describe the history, current status, and adoption implications of a Financial Accounting Standards Board ongoing project. Requirements The FASB has several ongoing projects that in ...

Assignmenthttp990sfoundationcenterorg990pdfarchive5225223451

Assignment http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/522/522345144/522345144_201412_990.pdf?_ga=1.64191599.1553211607.1477880190 ( A wider circle NFP) http://awidercircle.org/wp-content/uploads/A-Wider-Circles-201 ...

1 what does it mean to create a culture of honesty openness

1. What does it mean to create a "Culture of Honesty, Openness, and Assistance?" Give some examples from an organization with which you have been affiliated. (250 words) 2. Review the section Preventing Fraud-A Sumary an ...

If a nurse deposits 12000 today in a real estate investment

If a nurse deposits $12,000 today in a real estate investment trust (REIT) and the interest is compounded annually at 7% percent, what will be the value of this investment: a.) Five years from now? b.) Ten years from now ...

Problemmaquoketa services was formed on may 1 2017the

Problem Maquoketa Services was formed on May 1, 2017. The following transactions took place during the first month. Transactions on May 1: 1. Jay BradFord invested $40,000 cash in the company, as its sole owner . 2. Hire ...

Question 1in using the total cost concept of applying the

Question 1 In using the total cost concept of applying the cost-plus approach to product pricing, only profit is covered in the markup. True False Question 2 What is the effect of a stock dividend on the balance sheet? A ...

Review the provisions of the sarbanes-oxley act of 2002 to

Review the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 to address the accounting scandals in the late 1990s and early 2000s (Enron, WorldCom, etc.). Identify the provisions that you believe made the most significant imp ...

Accounting assignmenttransfer pricing decisionsas a manager

Accounting Assignment Transfer Pricing Decisions As a manager, you may be tasked with making recommendations as to how your organization should structure its transfer pricing. This is especially true in cases when both v ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

Section onea in an atwood machine suppose two objects of

SECTION ONE (a) In an Atwood Machine, suppose two objects of unequal mass are hung vertically over a frictionless

Part 1you work in hr for a company that operates a factory

Part 1: You work in HR for a company that operates a factory manufacturing fiberglass. There are several hundred empl

Details on advanced accounting paperthis paper is intended

DETAILS ON ADVANCED ACCOUNTING PAPER This paper is intended for students to apply the theoretical knowledge around ac

Create a provider database and related reports and queries

Create a provider database and related reports and queries to capture contact information for potential PC component pro

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic, social, and demographic trends affecting the US labor environmen