This is a type of academic writing where you are required to highlight and discuss the facts.Analytical essays are information or rather, factual based. You have to examine and assess the details. You have to present it using questions like 'how' and 'why'. However, this differs from level to level. For example, in high school, the teacher will give a generalized topic whereas a college lecturer will want the students to do an in-depth examination of the topic. Teachers and lecturers often task their students with analytical essays in the form of regular assignments or term paper. Moreover, there are rules to abide by such as the style of writing and referencing. You have to rewrite the facts, quotes and reports to avoid plagiarism. And you also have to give citations and a list of books, reports or journals used in the bibliography section. This shows the lecturer and the leader that you have been efficient and professional with the work. To write a great analytical essay, you need to keep it simple. In other words, just stick to the topic and don't make it complex by using excessive jargons. Keep the essay crisp and within the word limit; let it be to the point (don't run around in a circle); keep the objective clear: take a stance and use arguments to make your point; and use authentic reports and data to support your writing. Avoid using irrelevant reports that don't hold weight. This is how expert academic writers do it. Students now opt to have their assignments and essays written by professionals. They can find the experts with homework and assignment help organizations. Through such help, students are able to boost their performance and overall grades.
Analytical essay requires pages of writing and you may not be used to so much text. You will find this hectic and troublesome. You are not able to get the right flow of ideas. Besides this, you will agree with the fact that you don't have the time to write essays. The classroom work, syllabus and extra-curricular activities utilize much of your time. Then there are assignments and projects in other subjects to be done. Teachers and lecturers can't possibly think you to do everything, but they do. Plus, they expect much more. While many students are okay with research, they are not well-versed with writing. They have difficulty planning out and writing.
Tips to Write Analytical Essays
You can get started by reading the topic. By doing so, you will have a fair idea as to what you have to do. If you don't have a topic, it's advisable to ask the lecturer or teacher as to what topic you can write on. If they let you choose the topic, then select one which you are comfortable and passionate about. Then you can carry it forward the way you want to. Here are some tips to help you:
- Develop a statement: lecturers usually ask the students to write the research statement or question. Go for something which you have a bit of knowledge of; or something which you can do.
- Objective: determine the purpose of your research. What do you want to achieve? Why did you choose the particular question or statement? You should know what you want to prove in the essay or research paper.
- Structure: you can ask the lecturer about what kind of structure to go with. You may be asked to write many paragraphs with unique points and ideas. Connect to every paragraph and idea.
- Language: it's up to you as to how you want to layout and present your essay. Use formal language and support it with quotations and reports. Avoid using ambiguous and first person language. Use proper grammar.
- Don't Copy: it's best to rewrite and present your own ideas. Don't copy other authors or writers. Use citations and references. This will get you marks. Don't plagiarise.
Always keep your writing clear and crisp. Discuss new points and ideas. You should know the audience and try to present to reach out to them. You can support your arguments with counterarguments. Keep it together and don't stray away from the topic or research statement. Before you write the final essay, you should plan out a draft. In the draft, you can make many changes, add new ideas and erase the irrelevant ones. You can also let one of your friends or seniors go through it and give you feedback.